Firework debris ignites construction debris

From Local Sources

JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded Saturday night when fireworks debris started a fire.

Trucks were called at 10:58 p.m. to Eagle Creek Court where it was reported there was a fire in a steel trash bin outside a home that is under construction, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang.

Hochgesang said people in the neighborhood who had set off fireworks cleaned up the debris and tossed it in the trash bin. Some of the fireworks remnants were still too hot and ignited a small amount of construction debris.

There was no damage.

Two trucks and 16 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.

On Thursday, department firefighters had responded to an alarm activation at the Fairfield Inn, 333 River Centre Landing.

There was no fire associated with the 10:49 a.m. callout, Hochgesang said. Instead, he added, firefighters traced the problem to an overheated power supply for a door access system.

There was no damage.

Three trucks and 17 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com