Firefighters respond to pizza restaurantDecember 3, 2019
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — An electrical short was listed as the cause of a Saturday evening fire run to a pizza restaurant.
Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded at 6:43 p.m. to an initial report of a possible fire in the ceiling at Brick Oven Pizza, 420 E. Sixth St.
Department Fire Investigator John C. Smith said a short in wiring coming from a neon light fixture began singeing a wooden interior wall structure.
Firefighters used a water extinguisher on hot spots and sawed away some wood around the area of ignition, Smith said. There was no structural damage, no injuries and the restaurant was able to open for the next business day.
Four trucks and 10 firefighters were on the scene for an hour.
The Huntingburg Police Department and Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Next Act Inc, the nonprofit organization that owns and operates the historic Astra Theatre in...
Creative energy filled Jasper Middle School Saturday as teams of students from across Southern...
Three local police K-9s will receive bullet- and stab-protective vests thanks to a charitable...
The air temperature hit 50 degrees as the time arrived Sunday for participants at the ninth...
The Herald asked four individuals about what they wear on a daily basis.
Teens at local high schools donned orange this week to bring awareness to an issue that on...
The planners behind a Dubois County summer festival have a new person at the helm.
Immigration lawyer Christine Popp travels from Bloomington to Dubois County to help immigrants...