Firefighters respond to Ferdinand kitchen fireJuly 10, 2020
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded to a kitchen fire Thursday night at the Ron and Ashton Borden residence, 642 E. 21st St.
Fire Chief John Hoppenjans said a plastic food container left on top of the stove caught fire. Ron Borden used a fire extinguisher on the fire and firefighters answering the 8:36 p.m. call discharged another extinguisher to ensure the flames were out.
The department ventilated the home and carried the stove outside.
Four trucks and 25 firefighters were on the scene for just under an hour.
The Ferdinand Police Department and Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...
Miss Ohio Valley Priscilla Olson, 22, of Ireland will compete next week in Zionsville for the...
Parents, guardians and babysitters, have no fear — summer in Dubois County is going to be full...
Jasper Community Arts is presenting the artwork of installation artist Kristina Arnold for the...
“How’s your ankle?” she says, demonstrating her daily concern about my wicked ankle twist.
The Huntingburg Public Library, which is almost 100 years old, is due for some improvements.