Firefighters respond to carbon monoxide issueApril 17, 2020
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to the report of a carbon monoxide alarm activation at a home west of Jasper Wednesday evening and made another brief run Thursday night.
Occupants at the Kenneth and Jody Troutman residence at 4210 W. Hillcrest Drive, Jasper, identified and reported a problem at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday thanks to a working carbon monoxide detector, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang.
Construction work being performed at the home created a problem that involved fumes from a boiler, according to the chief.
Firefighters ventilated the home and the contractor corrected the issue, according to Hochgesang.
Two trucks and eight firefighters were on the scene two hours.
Then, at 9:54 p.m. Thursday, the department was called to Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center, 800 W. Ninth St.
The issue was found to be a faulty smoke detector near the north exit doors and the first-arriving members of the department were there so quickly that trucks were left on standby at the station.
Twenty-two firefighters responded and the run took 15 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...
A fire at the Hoosier Hills Marina at Patoka Lake engulfed nearly a dozen houseboats Friday...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 11 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Despite almost a half-foot of snow and freezing weather, plans to raze the Tenth Street...