Firefighters respond to carbon monoxide alarm

From Local Sources

FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm activation Tuesday afternoon on the community’s north side.

The 4:16 callout was to a duplex in the 2100 block of Fern Drive, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans.

Upon arrival, firefighters used a detector in the living quarters but did not come up with any significant readings. Personnel then checked the other residence in the duplex.

After finding no problems, the department advised the tenant and landlord that there was a faulty detector, which the landlord then replaced.

Two trucks and 10 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.

The Ferdinand Police Department assisted.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com