Firefighters respond to carbon monoxide alarmApril 8, 2020
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide alarm activation Tuesday afternoon on the community’s north side.
The 4:16 callout was to a duplex in the 2100 block of Fern Drive, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans.
Upon arrival, firefighters used a detector in the living quarters but did not come up with any significant readings. Personnel then checked the other residence in the duplex.
After finding no problems, the department advised the tenant and landlord that there was a faulty detector, which the landlord then replaced.
Two trucks and 10 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
The Ferdinand Police Department assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Southwest Dubois County School Board approved spending up to $5.5 million on renovations in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
The Dubois County Health Department is working diligently to prevent further spread of COVID-19...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday one more COVID-19-related death in...
Despite the pandemic, the town of Ferdinand had a pretty good year in 2020, Town Council...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19-related deaths in...
Joe Crutchfield, who has been sober for years, has been working for more than a year on starting...
The Dubois County Park Board has considered several matters for the park’s future.