Firefighters respond to carbon monoxide alarm

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — Members of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded Wednesday night to a Friendship Village apartment at 1109 Friendship Drive after a carbon monoxide alarm activated.

Fire Chief Scott Patberg said firefighters called at 8:32 p.m. discovered that a burner on a gas stove wasn’t functioning properly and set off the alarm.

The department turned off the natural gas supply at the stove and advised the manager to have the appliance serviced.

Three trucks and five firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com