Firefighters respond to carbon monoxide alarm

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — Members of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded Monday afternoon to a Friendship Village apartment at 1111 Friendship Drive after a carbon monoxide alarm activated.

Assistant Chief Glen Kissling said firefighters entered with a tester and found a low level of carbon monoxide present after being called at 3:37 p.m.

The department turned off the natural gas supply from the stove and advised the housing authority to have the appliance checked.

One truck and 12 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com