Firefighters respond to carbon monoxide alarm

From Local Sources

ST. ANTHONY — Members of the St. Anthony Volunteer Fire Department responded Wednesday evening when a carbon monoxide detector activated in a St. Anthony home.

The 6:40 p.m. callout sent the department to a house in the 4400 block of Cross Street but the activation turned out to involve nothing more than a faulty alarm, according to Fire Chief Scott Uebelhor. The chief said firefighters used a multi-gas detector and found no elevated carbon monoxide levels, although the residents planned to get in touch with a furnace technician.

Three trucks and 12 firefighters responded for about 45 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com