Firefighters respond to carbon monoxide alarmJanuary 9, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Ireland Volunteer Fire Department responded late Monday night when a carbon monoxide detector activated in a home just west of Jasper.
Firefighters responding at 11:43 p.m. to the Ken and Anne Brosmer residence at 4024 W. Shiloh Road did not find any furnace or appliance issues with a multi-gas detector; however, the detector did activate on the main floor where the fireplace was located, according to Fire Chief Stan Seifert.
It was thought the fireplace damper had been closed too quickly, temporarily emitting carbon monoxide in the home.
There were no further problems after doors and windows had been opened to air out the residence, according to Seifert.
One truck and 12 firefighters were on the scene 35 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There's more to a team than its players' athletic skills. Area high school athletic teams have...
The Heritage Hills High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 3 p.m. CT Saturday in the Lincoln...
The Northeast Dubois High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Saturday at Northeast...
When Northeast Dubois High School junior Taylor Neukam set out to write a bilingual book in...
The Jasper High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Friday at Jasper High School, with...
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...