Firefighters respond to call at apartment

From Local Sources

JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to a Friday afternoon report of smoke in an apartment on the city’s southeast side.

Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said the 1:12 p.m. callout to 36 Cedarcrest Court was the result of food left on a stove. Gary Sermersheim, the property owner, turned off the stove and firefighters vented smoke, according to Hochgesang.

There was no damage.

Three trucks and 24 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com