Firefighters halt fire in detached garageMarch 11, 2019
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded to a report Sunday evening of a fire in a detached garage northeast of Ferdinand.
The 6:01 p.m. call sent the department to the Kevin and Sherri Marks residence at 8310 S. Club Road.
Fire Chief John Hoppenjans said the first-arriving units reported heavy smoke coming from the 30-by-30 garage. When firefighters entered, he said, they extinguished flames coming from a pan of grease that had accidentally been left untended.
Firefighters who ventilated the garage said there was smoke damage to the contents.
Five trucks and 29 firefighters were on the scene 45 minutes.
The Ferdinand Police Department, Dubois County Sheriff’s Department and Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
When 4-H youth graduate, they go off to different places across the world in a number of...
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...
Drivers coming into Ireland from the west side will likely notice the new artwork that now...