Firefighters find gas leakDecember 21, 2018
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — Firefighters with the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department tracked down a residential gas leak Thursday afternoon.
A realtor showing the house at 414 N. Geiger St. reported the smell of natural gas inside the residence at 4:39 p.m., according to Assistant Chief Glen Kissling.
Firefighters tracked the problem to a line going to a stove in a kitchen island.
The department was on standby at the scene until a Huntingburg Municipal Utilities gas crew arrived to take over.
One truck and six firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
20-year-old Cameron Egler is interning on the Commemorative Air Force AirPower History Tour,...
Sister Anita Louise Lowe was installed Saturday as the Sisters of St. Benedict’s 14th prioress.
They come for a summer and then they’re gone. But, it’s a summer they’ll never forget....
How many lives do you think you could live in 125 years? What kind of impact could you leave...
The topic of mobile food vendors in Jasper has stirred debate for years. Currently, the city...
On Aug. 3, a group of about 30 former Navy SEALs will swim the first, legally-sanctioned swim...
Fifty years ago, astronauts, engineers and scientists at NASA were days away from launching...
For the second consecutive month, the topic of potentially decommissioning a handful of Jasper...