Firefighters find gas leak

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — Firefighters with the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department tracked down a residential gas leak Thursday afternoon.

A realtor showing the house at 414 N. Geiger St. reported the smell of natural gas inside the residence at 4:39 p.m., according to Assistant Chief Glen Kissling.

Firefighters tracked the problem to a line going to a stove in a kitchen island.

The department was on standby at the scene until a Huntingburg Municipal Utilities gas crew arrived to take over.

One truck and six firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com