Firefighters find faulty carbon monoxide detectorNovember 26, 2018
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded Thursday morning when a carbon monoxide detector activated in a home.
Firefighters responding at 10:15 a.m. to the Roman and Betty Tempel home at 1435 Missouri St. found a faulty detector, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans.
Two trucks and 10 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
Hoppenjans issued a reminder that batteries should be checked in carbon monoxide detectors just as they are in smoke detectors. Additionally, he added, the detectors themselves should be replaced with new units every 10 years.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...