Firefighters called to Ferdinand hotel alarmDecember 12, 2018
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded to an alarm activation Tuesday evening at a Ferdinand hotel.
There was no fire associated with the 7:58 p.m. callout to the Comfort Inn, 123 Scenic Hills Court, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans. Instead, he added, firefighters learned someone had overcooked popcorn in a microwave oven, setting off a room smoke detector.
Firefighters cleaned the detector, allowed the room to air out and successfully reset the system.
Three trucks and eight firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
The Ferdinand Police Department assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...