Fire destroys trailer in mobile home parkFebruary 18, 2020
From Local Sources
JASPER — Authorities say a heat lamp started a fire that destroyed a trailer Friday at Maple Grove Village, 3828 N. Portersville Road.
Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department were called to Lot 7 at 4:19 p.m.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said two men, including the individual who had been allowed by the owners to live at times in the trailer, had been under the home with a heat lamp trying to thaw a frozen pipe.
The men left to get parts and saw smoke upon their return, Hochgesang said.
The trailer was fully involved when the fire department arrived, according to the chief.
A neighboring trailer to the west sustained heat and fire damage that included a melted underpining, one broken window and one cracked window, Hochgesang said. A trailer to the east sustained a melted underpining.
The resident staying in the burned trailer indicated he had somewhere to stay and declined assistance from the American Red Cross.
There were no injuries.
Six trucks and 21 firefighters were on the scene 90 minutes.
The trailer was not insured.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Students and families in Dubois County can expect to end the school year completing assignments...
Though her stay in Dubois didn’t end as planned, Frida Hansson’s time as an exchange student...
The Dubois County Health Department is warning the public about potential risk exposure...
As the Dubois County Health Department confirmed today, the fourth positive case of novel...
The Stiles home in Jasper has become a family-centered hub of e-learning since schools and...
Jasper Middle School students in Brent Seibert’s seventh- and eighth-grade math classes were...
Local school leadership teams are meeting today to develop plans for continued instruction, and...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms today the fourth positive case of novel coronavirus...