Fire damages Dale home’s basementMay 28, 2020
From Local Sources
DALE — A fire Wednesday afternoon caused damage to the basement of a Dale house.
Units of the Carter Township Fire District Volunteer Fire Department responded to 6 S. Walnut St. at 3 p.m., according to Fire Chief Dan “Enos” Reinke.
Reinke said two adults rented the house and four children and pets were also occupants. A juvenile daughter who was home heard smoke alarms, safely exited with pets and authorities were summoned, according to the chief.
The fire was contained to the basement, where a washer and dryer were lost to the flames. Reinke said repairs can be made but there was smoke throughout the house, which temporarily displaced the residents.
Reinke contacted the American Red Cross for assistance.
Carter Township was on the scene with two trucks and 12 firefighters for two and a half hours, assisted by a Santa Claus Volunteer Fire Department truck and two personnel.
The Dale Police Department and Spencer County Emergency Medical Services also assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Joslyn Mehringer doesn’t remember every step of her winding journey. But how could she? It...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today six new positive cases of COVID-19.
The declining student enrollment, the revenue shortfall, the lack of necessary resources. At a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported Thursday seven new positive cases of COVID-19.
Sagar Desai knows many people need their coffee before their days can begin, and he’s...
At the Dubois County Airport Authority's Monday evening meeting, board members discussed an...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today two new positive cases of COVID-19.
Andrea and Kurt Rohleder of Ireland will be featured on an HGTV show Sunday night.