Ferdinand firefighters called to hotel

From Local Sources

FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded Saturday evening to a smoke alarm at the Comfort Inn, 123 Scenic Hills Court.

There was no fire associated with the 7:26 p.m. callout, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans. Instead, he added, firefighters found a guest had left food in a microwave oven for too long and it burned.

The fire department cleaned the detector and successfully reset the system.

Three trucks and 14 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.

The Ferdinand Police Department assisted.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com