Ferdinand firefighters called to hotelDecember 30, 2019
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded Saturday evening to a smoke alarm at the Comfort Inn, 123 Scenic Hills Court.
There was no fire associated with the 7:26 p.m. callout, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans. Instead, he added, firefighters found a guest had left food in a microwave oven for too long and it burned.
The fire department cleaned the detector and successfully reset the system.
Three trucks and 14 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
The Ferdinand Police Department assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A one-room schoolhouse that educated generations of Dubois County residents has finally come...
A bill that is moving through the Indiana Senate would extend the statute of limitations for...
Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Ryan McIntyre, who is assigned to...
Suspended about 2 feet above the ground, Erin Rauscher of Yes Power Yoga and her students flew...
New this spring, Wilstem will add a female Asian elephant to its wildlife family and partner...
A competitive jazz program launched at Forest Park after kids returned from winter break earlier...
A new gymnasium is on its way to Northeast Dubois High School.
John Tretter is home. And he’s ready for a challenge. Tuesday morning, the Huntingburg man was...