Failed detector sends firefighters to businessAugust 8, 2018
From local sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to an alarm activation Sunday afternoon at CYC Engineering, 2415 Cathy Lane.
There was no fire associated with the 2:21 p.m. callout, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang. Instead, he said, a detector failed and triggered the alarm system.
Five trucks and 16 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
Earlier, at 1:37 p.m. Friday, the department responded to an alarm activation at the Jim Scott residence, 759 19th St.
Hochgesang said over-cooked food triggered that alarm and Scott reset the system, not knowing the fire department had been notified of the trip.
Three trucks and 27 firefighters were on the scene for about five minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...
From 1952 to 1956, Herb Welp was surrounded by nature unlike the kind found in Southwest...
When Tanner Kane went to his first rodeo, he thought he was just going to watch.
The Rotary Club of Jasper, hosting its eighth annual ATHENA International Leadership Award...
Doctors are unsure how Brian Arensman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria that took both his...
Jason Stamm recognizes the region has a need for a new baseball league: one that would offer...
The administrative team at Southeast Dubois Schools will welcome two new members this fall when...