Emergency room detector triggers run

From Local Sources

JASPER — A fault in an emergency room smoke detector resulted in firefighters being called early today to Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center.

Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said trucks were on standby after the 4:27 a.m. callout after it was quickly determined there had been a smoke detector failure in the emergency room waiting room vending area.
Firefighters cleaned and successfully reset the alarm.

Eighteen firefighters participated in the run that took nine minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com