Electrical issue brings out fire department

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to the report of a possible electrical fire at a residence Saturday afternoon.

There was no fire associated with the 4:22 p.m. call to the James and Caselia Nelson residence at 608 E. Ninth St., according to Fire Chief Scott Patberg.

It was reported that one of the home’s breakers had tripped but firefighters did not find smoke and a scan using an infrared camera did not detect a problem, according to Patberg.

Four trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene for 25 minutes.

Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services responded for a short time on standby.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com