E-cigarette triggers health center fire alarm

From Local Sources

JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to an alarm Wednesday afternoon at Cathedral Health Care Center, 520 W. Ninth St.

There was no fire associated with the 3:01 p.m. callout, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang. Instead, he said, a resident’s use of an electronic cigarette triggered the system.

Three trucks and 18 firefighters were on the scene 19 minutes.

Then, at 4:05 a.m. Friday, firefighters went to the Hampton Inn, 355 Third Ave., after an alarm sounded.

Hochgesang said dust in a laundry room detector was the root cause of that call.

Three firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com