E-cigarette triggers health center fire alarmJuly 5, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to an alarm Wednesday afternoon at Cathedral Health Care Center, 520 W. Ninth St.
There was no fire associated with the 3:01 p.m. callout, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang. Instead, he said, a resident’s use of an electronic cigarette triggered the system.
Three trucks and 18 firefighters were on the scene 19 minutes.
Then, at 4:05 a.m. Friday, firefighters went to the Hampton Inn, 355 Third Ave., after an alarm sounded.
Hochgesang said dust in a laundry room detector was the root cause of that call.
Three firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...
Drivers coming into Ireland from the west side will likely notice the new artwork that now...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter has promoted Sgt. Robbie Lambert to Jasper...