Dust from cleaning triggers school alarmMarch 8, 2018
From Local Sources
FERDINAND — Units of the Ferdinand Volunteer Fire Department responded to an alarm activation Wednesday evening at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School, 1440 Michigan St.
There was no fire associated with the 7:11 p.m. callout, according to Fire Chief John Hoppenjans.
Hoppenjans said cleaning was taking place in the school’s weight room and it was dust that triggered a detector.
Firefighters blew out the detectors and reset the system before leaving.
Four trucks and 19 firefighters were on the scene for about 15 minutes.
The Ferdinand Police Department assisted.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The sky is the limit for the twisting, turning, sky-high-jumping David Fisher.
A partnership between Vincennes University Jasper Campus and Purdue University marks new...
Poison hemlock, an invasive species native to Europe, has been rapidly exploding in the area...
With a growing population throughout Indiana, bald eagles are likely to be seen around the...
In the last month, park officials have been dealing with vandalism in Huntingburg City Park and...
Three Jasper High School students, now graduates, created a short film that won several titles...
Jasper’s new comprehensive plan will take a little more than a year to create and will be done...
The Miss Celestine contest will be held at 4 p.m. Sunday, June 24, in conjunction with the...