Dubois firefighters ventilate residenceJuly 16, 2020
From Local Sources
DUBOIS — Members of the Dubois Volunteer Fire Department responded Wednesday night when fire was reported at the Bridgette Friedman home at 4342 N. Third St.
Department spokesman Zach Eichmiller said the occupants blew out a candle that had been burning in a bathroom and placed it in a cabinet. It is thought the candle was not extinguished and started a fire that was contained to the cabinet and put out by the time units arrived.
The occupants called 911 at 9:19 p.m. after a smoke alarm activated.
The department ventilated smoke. Eichmiller said the department checked the home’s attic space but damage was found to have been limited to the cabinet.
Three trucks and 19 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 50 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Krempp Gallery at the Jasper Arts Center will present Owensboro, Kentucky, ink landscape...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 33 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Southwestern Indiana Citizens for Quality of Life recently received The Mal Atherton Award from...
Many organizations in the area help others enjoy the holidays or need help with fundraising and...
When Denny Spinner decided to run for mayor in 2011, he had three key words he wanted to...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
Ken Buck has lived and breathed parks and recreation for the past 47 years.