Dubois firefighters ventilate residence

From Local Sources

DUBOIS — Members of the Dubois Volunteer Fire Department responded Wednesday night when fire was reported at the Bridgette Friedman home at 4342 N. Third St.

Department spokesman Zach Eichmiller said the occupants blew out a candle that had been burning in a bathroom and placed it in a cabinet. It is thought the candle was not extinguished and started a fire that was contained to the cabinet and put out by the time units arrived.

The occupants called 911 at 9:19 p.m. after a smoke alarm activated.

The department ventilated smoke. Eichmiller said the department checked the home’s attic space but damage was found to have been limited to the cabinet.

Three trucks and 19 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com