Dubois firefighters quickly halt residential fireFebruary 14, 2019
From Local Sources
DUBOIS — Units of the Dubois Volunteer Fire Department quickly halted a fire at a house south of town this morning.
The department was called at 6:54 a.m. to the 4863 E. Jasper-Dubois Road residence of Kimberly Petry, which is a house owned by Randy Schnell, according to Fire Chief Steve Kalb.
Kalb said Petry had smoked outside and put a cigarette out in an ash tray that was on a wicker stand next to the house. Wind is thought to have started the wicker on fire, with flames then spreading to the home’s siding.
The fire department extinguished the fire with only a 2-foot square of siding affected, according to Kalb.
Two trucks and 17 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
The Dubois County Sheriff’s Department assisted and a Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services ambulance responded on standby.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...
From 1952 to 1956, Herb Welp was surrounded by nature unlike the kind found in Southwest...
When Tanner Kane went to his first rodeo, he thought he was just going to watch.
The Rotary Club of Jasper, hosting its eighth annual ATHENA International Leadership Award...
Doctors are unsure how Brian Arensman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria that took both his...
Jason Stamm recognizes the region has a need for a new baseball league: one that would offer...
The administrative team at Southeast Dubois Schools will welcome two new members this fall when...