Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibraryMarch 13, 2020
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library has taken extra measures to sanitize common areas and has put toys away in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Library Director Christine Golden said the libraries will continue regular operations unless schools close. If schools close, the library will put a hiatus on programming but remain open, unless directed otherwise by local, state or federal agencies. The Jasper board heard the same.
• Approved a tuition reimbursement of $500 for Birdseye Branch Manager AmyJo Lytle who is taking courses in library science.
• Approved the preliminary bond resolution and created a construction fund for the refinancing process for bonds taken out to build the Ferdinand Branch several years ago. The refinancing will not raise taxes. It will give the library some funds to remodel the Ferdinand Branch’s computer lab into a smaller lab and an additional meeting room.
• Heard that the library’s community engagement project with SIRS — Southern Indiana Resource Solutions — was a success.
• Heard an update on goals identified in the strategic planning process two years ago. So far, the library system has reached all the one-year goals and is working on the next set. Goals included streamlining staff evaluations, revamping employee orientation and creating a volunteer appreciation program. The Jasper board heard the same.
• Heard that a volunteer appreciation day will be held in April.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Inside the ink, Boone Taylor has found trust and respect. The Jasper man has previously owned...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today five new positive COVID-19 cases.
The Dubois County Council had the difficult task of trimming the county’s proposed 2021 budget...
Be true. Be kind. Be you. More than two years after complications from a brain tumor surgery...
Finances were on the minds of each Dubois County Council member as they reviewed the budgets of...
Of the county’s 708 cases, 479 have recovered and 12 deaths have been reported. A total of...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 24 new positive COVID-19 cases.
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...