Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibrarySeptember 13, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Held a hearing on the 2020 budget. There were no public comments. The Department of Local Government Finance approved a budget of $1,354,572 for the library system, which includes the Birdseye, Dubois and Ferdinand branches. The budget includes an 8% increase in the annual stipend full-time employees receive.
• Heard that the library is applying for the Regional Opportunities Initiatives Ready Communities Implementation grant to expand library services outside the brick-and-mortar buildings.
• Approved tuition reimbursement for two library science courses employee Jasmine Vonderheide is taking this semester.
• Heard a presentation on video marketing that the library is conducting on social media.
• Heard that the Dubois Branch replaced several Windows 7 computers with Windows 10 machines. Similar upgrades are planned for the Ferdinand Branch.
• Heard that the library is going to offer patrons access to the entire newspapers.com database after the popularity of The Herald’s archive on the site. The access will cost $1,200 per year.
• Heard that Board President Kathy Tretter won the Indiana Library Federation’s Trustee of the Year award. She will receive the award at a banquet in Indianapolis in November.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...
Tenth Street Elementary fifth-graders Henry Hostetter and Isaiah Pardo plunged plastic straws...
The Tri-County YMCA is about to get bigger.
People are invited to Market Street Park on Saturday to enjoy food, brews and the blues.
There will be a Jubilee Celebration of worship, praise and fellowship Sunday recognizing the...