Meeting: Dubois County Contractual LibrarySeptember 13, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Held a hearing on the 2020 budget. There were no public comments. The Department of Local Government Finance approved a budget of $1,354,572 for the library system, which includes the Birdseye, Dubois and Ferdinand branches. The budget includes an 8% increase in the annual stipend full-time employees receive.
• Heard that the library is applying for the Regional Opportunities Initiatives Ready Communities Implementation grant to expand library services outside the brick-and-mortar buildings.
• Approved tuition reimbursement for two library science courses employee Jasmine Vonderheide is taking this semester.
• Heard a presentation on video marketing that the library is conducting on social media.
• Heard that the Dubois Branch replaced several Windows 7 computers with Windows 10 machines. Similar upgrades are planned for the Ferdinand Branch.
• Heard that the library is going to offer patrons access to the entire newspapers.com database after the popularity of The Herald’s archive on the site. The access will cost $1,200 per year.
• Heard that Board President Kathy Tretter won the Indiana Library Federation’s Trustee of the Year award. She will receive the award at a banquet in Indianapolis in November.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Here’s a riddle for you. Next week, a boy will celebrate his 10th birthday, making him the...
Danny Barnett just wants his life back. He wants to go back to work. He wants to wake up in the...
This weekend, Jasper cheerleading teams will compete in the biggest cheerleading contest.
It was early afternoon on a Friday, and Southridge Middle School teacher Tiffany Neuhoff was...
School had ended for the day, but sounds of creation still echoed through the halls of Holy...
The City of Huntingburg is trying to do something with a former gas station on U.S. 231 that has...
Expanding and updating justice system facilities, and renovating the courthouse were discussed...
The Herald photography staff earned 16 awards this weekend at the Indiana News Photographers...