DNR reopening some property featuresMay 11, 2020
From Local Sources
Beginning today, the Indiana Department of Natural Resources has reopened equestrian and mountain bike trails, for day use only, at its properties.
And that’s not all that is resuming.
Nature centers and historic facilities in state park properties will open this week; however, hours may be reduced and social distancing may limit the number of guests allowed in a respective facility at one time. Marinas will also open this week with limited operations.
Day-use restrooms and vault toilets will open at DNR properties by Friday. Until then, guests should come prepared for restroom use to be restricted.
A complete status list for facilities and services at DNR properties can be found here.
Guests at DNR properties should remember the following when visiting:
• Practice social distancing at all times, particularly, as you hike, picnic or use boat ramps. Keep a minimum of 6 feet from other individuals you encounter, for your safety and theirs.
• Keep your group size small. Fewer than 25 individuals is ideal.
• Bring your own drinking water and hand sanitizer.
• If you picnic, bring and use a covering for your picnic table and take it with you when you leave.
• If a parking lot is full, move to another location.
• If you feel sick or are running a temperature, plan a visit for a different day for the safety of other guests.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Officers with the Huntingburg Police Department were dispatched to Hopf Equipment, 506 E. 19th...
After a year of closure while construction crews built a walking trail around the lake, Old Town...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new COVID-19 cases.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.
A little bowtie-clad hamster named Harry Hugger is here to teach children about the COVID-19...
Dubois County Democratic Chairman Mike Kendall said he still stands behind Mikayla Granados’...