County reminds about early votingMay 28, 2020
From Local Sources
In-person early voting started Tuesday. As of Wednesday, 200 people had cast a ballot.
Because of changes made by the state due to the coronavirus, in-person early voting is only for a week, ending on Monday. The polling place for early voting in the county is the Dubois County Courthouse Annex, 602 Main St., Jasper.
Voting hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and Friday, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, and from 9 a.m. to noon on Monday. Registered voters must bring a photo ID to cast a ballot.
Precautions are being taken to help protect voters and poll workers from the virus. Poll workers will have masks, gloves and hand sanitizer, and hand sanitizer will be available to voters.
On Tuesday, which is Primary Election Day, polls are open 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following locations:
• Jasper Middle School, 3600 N. Portersville Road, Jasper: Bainbridge 5N, 5S, 6N, 6S, 7, BNEJAS, Harb 1.
• Jasper Community Arts Center, 951 College Ave., Jasper: Bainbridge 1, 4N, 4S.
• Arnold F. Habig Community Center, 1301 St. Charles St., Jasper: Bainbridge 2E, 2W, 3E, 3W.
• St. Mary Community Center, 2829 N. 500W, Jasper: Boone 1, Mad 1, Mad 2, MADJAS N, MADJAS S.
• Huntingburg Event Center, 110 East 14th St., Huntingburg: Patoka 1, Patoka 2, Patoka 3, Patoka 4, Patoka 5, Patoka 6, Cass 2.
• Holland United Methodist Church, 205 Second Ave., Holland: Cass 1, Cass 3.
• Ferdinand Community Center, 710 Community Dr., Ferdinand: Ferd 1, Ferd 2, Ferd 3.
• Celestine Community Club, 7742 E. Ellsworth Road, Celestine: Hall 1, Marion 2.
• St. Anthony Community Center, 4665 S. Cross St, St Anthony: Jackson 1, Jackson 2, Jefferson 1, Jefferson 2.
• Dubois Middle School, 4550 N. Fourth St, Dubois: Col 1, Harb 2, Marion 1.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A little bowtie-clad hamster named Harry Hugger is here to teach children about the COVID-19...
Dubois County Democratic Chairman Mike Kendall said he still stands behind Mikayla Granados’...
The Dubois County Health Department today reported no new COVID-19 cases.
In just under a year, the Tri-County YMCA in Ferdinand will be 50% larger. It held a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today two new COVID-19 cases.
Shawn Werner has been named the interim administrative director at the Dubois County Health...
Cathy Siddons of St. Anthony wanted to send a message of support for local law enforcement...
Dubois County Health Department Administrative Director Jo Ann Spaulding has confirmed that she...