County makes appointments; officials sworn inDecember 31, 2018
By CANDY NEAL
The Dubois County Council and Commissioners approved in December most of their appointments to various boards and commissions.
The commissioners’ appointments include:
• Dubois County 911 Advisory Board, one-year terms: Scott Uebelhor and Chad Blessinger.
• Dubois County Alcohol Beverage Commission, one-year term: David Ring.
• Dubois County Board of Health, four-year terms: Dave Fischer, Jeff Harmon, Jennifer Richardson and Charles Johnson.
• Dubois County Child Protection Team, one-year term: commissioners president (who will be appointed Jan. 7).
• Dubois County Community Corrections Board, four-year terms: William Hochgesang, Scott Blazey, Jodi Richardson, Jerry Hunefeld, Chad Blessinger, Paula Rasche, Jennifer Lampert, Michelle Schenetzki, Bridget Seaton, Doug Tarvin, John Merder and Andrew Long.
• Dubois County Contractual Public Library Board, four-year term: Steve Scott.
• Dubois County Emergency Management Advisory Council, two-year terms: Dean Vonderheide and Tom Kleinhelter.
• Dubois County Property Tax Board of Appeals, one-year terms: Fred Hollinden and Duane Persohn.
• Dubois County Solid Waste Management District Board, one-year term: Dean Vonderheide. The commissioners will make its second appointment to the board in January.
• Dubois County Tourism Commission, two-year term: Diane Hoppenjans.
• Dubois Strong, one-year term: Elmer Brames.
• Huntingburg Public Library Board, four-year term: Carolyn Brewer.
• Indiana 15 Regional Planning Commission, one-year term: Nick Hostetter.
• Northeast Dubois Fire Protection District, four-year term: Mary Lou Zehr.
• Northeast Dubois School Board, four-year term: Bernie Knies.
• Regional Development Authority, four-year terms: David Drake, Scott Blazey, David Drake, Sue Ellspermann, Ken Mulzer Jr. and Mark Schroeder.
• Tri-Cap Board of Directors, one-year term: Lindsey Taylor.
• Dubois County ambulance coordinator, one-year term: Suzan Henke
• Dubois County attorney, one-year term: Greg Schnarr.
• Dubois County custodian, one-year term: Scott Hopf.
• Dubois County highway clerk, one-year term: Ann Messmer.
• Dubois County highway engineer, one-year term: Brent Wendholt.
• Dubois County highway supervisor, one-year term: Steve Berg.
The council’s appointments include:
• Dubois County 911 Advisory Board, one-year term: Craig Greulich.
• Dubois County Alcohol Beverage Commission, one-year term: Anthony Seng.
• Dubois County Park Board, four-year term: Jane Betz.
• Dubois County Property Tax Board of Appeals, one-year term: Greg Abell.
• Dubois County Solid Waste Management District Board, one-year term: Becky Beckman.
• Dubois Strong, one-year term: Mike Kluesner.
• Huntingburg Economic Development Board, one-year term: John Mundy.
• Indiana 15 Regional Planning Commission, one-year term: Charmian Klem.
The commissioners will sign the certificates for the appointments at their Jan. 7 meeting. Council members signed certificates at their Dec. 26 meeting.
All new county officials who were elected in November have been sworn in. New officials include Assessor Angie Giesler, Auditor Sandy Morton, Clerk Amy Kippenbrock, Recorder Jaclyn McPherron and Sheriff Tom Kleinhelter. A swearing-in ceremony was held Friday evening, though Kleinhelter and Giesler were sworn in earlier in the month. Officials will take their new posts Jan. 1.
New Jasper Mayor Dean Vonderheide was also sworn in Friday evening, having been selected by caucus to replace the resigning Terry Seitz. Vonderheide will take over duties on Jan. 7.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in the former St. Joseph's Hospital building in Huntingburg, will...
St. Joseph Catholic Church’s Father Ray Brenner will celebrate the 50th anniversary of his...
Due to rain amounts less than forecasted, the Louisville District of the U.S. Army Corps of...
News of a change in Indiana education law regarding kindergarten caused confusion earlier this...