Cooking activity triggers hotel alarmNovember 6, 2019
From Local Sources
JASPER — Cooking activity was the cause behind an alarm activation Tuesday night at a Jasper hotel.
Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department were called at 9:51 p.m. to the Sure Stay Plus, 951 Wernsing Road.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said guests were found to be frying food in a room with an electric skillet. Smoke from the cooking activity filled the room and hallway, triggering the alarm system.
Firefighters used exhaust fans to ventilate the room and hallway.
Three trucks and 24 firefighters were on the scene 25 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As with Veterans Day itself, the numbers associated with World War II infantryman Louis Schmidt...
It’s all over. After countless hours of practice in the blistering heat and freezing cold,...
Bill Pfister continues his long and complicated search for a kidney.
Anderson Peters died Monday at age 16 when his heart gave out due to hypertrophic...
North Park Cinemas, a family owned and operated theater group based in Evansville, has...
When Josh Rivedal of Los Angeles was at his lowest, he discovered he needed to be in service to...
Jasper Community Arts will present a performance by 6 Guitars at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Jasper...
To his knowledge, Chad Lueken was the only candidate whose kids waved oversized images of his...