Cooking activity brings out firefightersMay 7, 2019
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — An unattended pan of grease brought out members of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department Saturday evening.
Fire Chief Scott Patberg said an occupant at the rental unit at 414 N. Jackson St. dropped a pan of overheated grease when he tried to move it, catching kitchen chairs and the floor on fire at 6:15 p.m.
The flames were almost out when firefighters arrived but there was heavy smoke that had to be ventilated, the chief said.
Four trucks and 15 firefighters were on the scene 45 minutes.
The Huntingburg Police Department assisted, as did Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services with an ambulance on standby.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, local artisans are stocking up on elastic and fabrics while...
The county’s local disaster emergency declaration has been extended to Sept. 2, matching the...
Amy Kaetzel and Carmen Brooks will teach the first year of the Southwest Dubois County School...
Design plans for remodeling and expanding the Dubois County Security Center and Dubois County...