Contested races decided in Spencer CountyNovember 7, 2018
From Local Sources
Spencer County voters decided a handful of contested county races Tuesday.
• Republican Victor Ippoliti defeated Democrat Dan Wilkinson with 55 percent of the vote in the run for Prosecuting Attorney of Spencer County, 84th Judicial Circuit.
• Republican Autumn Goodman Winkler came out on top against Democrat Eleisha Kay Shelton in competition for Spencer County Auditor. Winkler had 68 percent of the vote.
• Democrat Kellene “Kelli” Reinke is the new Spencer County Sheriff after garnering 51 percent of votes, defeating Republican Kermitt L. Lindsey.
• Republican Rachel Gentry defeated Democrat Chris Anderson in the race for Spencer County Coroner. Gentry had 56 percent of the vote.
• In the Spencer County Council District 1 race, Republican Steve Haaff defeated Democrat Matt Hayko with 67 percent of the vote.
• Republican Blake Bunner defeated Democrat Beth Hurm for the Spencer County Council District 2 seat with 64 percent of the vote.
• In the Spencer County Council District 3 race, Democrat Todd Grundhoefer came out on top — with 51 percent of the vote — against Republican Jack Kroeger.
• In the race for the North Spencer School Board seat for Clay, Huff and Hammond townships, Brian Gehlhausen defeated Lahna Mulzer with 51 percent of the vote.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Herald went home with more than 20 awards at this year’s Hoosier State Press Association...
The 2019 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for 7 p.m. Sunday,...
While many newlyweds choose a tropical getaway for their honeymoon, 2015 Jasper High School...
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...
Like any sports enthusiast, John Braun of Cannelton has made his fair share of bets with...
If you’ve been by the corner of Fourth and Mill streets lately, chances are you’ve seen...
Bill Hochgesang, superintendent of the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, has been...
A member of the Indiana Arts Commission saw some of the local arts in Dubois County Wednesday.