Closed cabin damper brings firefighters

From Local Sources

JASPER — Units of the Dubois Volunteer Fire Department responded to an alarm activation in a cabin northeast of Jasper early Sunday.

The 1:59 a.m. alarm sent the department to a cabin in the 1800 block of Beaver Lake Road, according to department spokesman Zach Eichmiller.

Eichmiller said the grandchildren of the owner started a fire in a fireplace but forgot to open the damper.

The fire department used an exhaust fan to ventilate the cabin.

Three trucks and eight firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com