Cigarette ignites restaurant landscapingJune 26, 2020
From Local Sources
JASPER — Units of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fast food restaurant and a manufacturing facility Thursday.
The first call, at 3:03 p.m., was to the report of landscaping on fire at the Burger King at 3711 Newton St.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said a discarded cigarette ignited landscaping in a parking lot island. Damage was limited to the lost mulch, he added.
Two trucks and 18 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
Then, at 9:19 p.m., the department responded to an alarm activation at Kimball Furniture Plant No. 2, 1620 Cherry St.
Hochgesang said it appeared a fluctuation in water pressure triggered the alarm. Workers successfully reset the system with no further issues.
Five trucks and 23 firefighters were on the scene 20 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...
A fire at the Hoosier Hills Marina at Patoka Lake engulfed nearly a dozen houseboats Friday...