Candle starts Dubois-area bathroom fireDecember 27, 2019
From Local Sources
DUBOIS — A candle started a bathroom fire at a house south of Dubois Tuesday afternoon.
Units of the Dubois Volunteer Fire Department were called to the Brian Heeke residence at 2501 N. Celestine Road North at 4:41 p.m.
Department spokesman Zach Eichmiller said a candle in a basement bathroom had something flammable close to it that ignited during a Christmas get-together. The bathroom door was closed so the fire was not discovered until someone opened the door, Eichmiller added.
The Heeke’s son, Theo, took a rug and smothered the fire, Eichmiller said.
Flames had burned up a wall but were contained there.
Firefighters exhausted smoke.
Three trucks and 19 firefighters were on the scene 40 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
As days, weeks and months of social distancing push ahead into an uncertain future, meaningful...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Although park facilities — with the exception of playgrounds — were cleared to reopen last...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today a third COVID-19-related death in the county.
Zax Creamery — formerly Big Olaf Creamery — is set to launch in a new north side location on...
Heritage Hills High School graduated 138 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to...
What will summer look like for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari under the cloud of COVID-19?