Candidates file for May 5 primaryJanuary 28, 2020
By CANDY NEAL
So far, most local incumbents have filed for re-election this year.
And on the state and national level, a slew of candidates have filed for U.S. President and Indiana Governor.
Republican U.S. President Donald Trump and Republican Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb have filed for re-election. But they are being challenged by many.
The May 5 Primary Election will determine who will represent their party in the General Election. The filing period for the primary ends at noon on Friday, Feb. 7.
Here are the candidates that have filed locally in the Dubois County Clerk’s Office and statewide with the Indiana Election Division as of Friday:
• President: Republicans Donald Trump and Bill Weld; Democrats Joe Biden, Michael Bloomberg, Pete Buttigieg, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Andrew Yang, Tulsi Gabbard, Amy Klobuchar, Michael Bennet, and Tom Steyer
• United States Representative District 8: Democrat E. Thomasina Marsili and Republican Larry Bucshon
• Governor: Republicans Eric Holcomb and Brian Roth; Democrats Woodrow “Woody” A. Meyers and Josh Owens.
• State Representative District 63: Republican Shane Lindauer
• State Representative District 74: Republican Stephen Bartels
• Circuit Court Judge: Democrat Nathan Verkamp
• County Commissioner District 1: Republican Chad Blessinger
• County Commissioner District 3: Nick Hostetter
• County Council at-large (three seats): Republicans Sonya Hass, Doug Uebelhor and Mike Kluesner
• County Coroner: Republican Katie M. Schuck
• County Surveyor: Kenny Brosmer
• County Treasurer: Republican Kitty Merkley
There are also numerous convention delegates on the ballot.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Two more COVID-19 cases have been identified in Dubois County, bringing the total number of...
Reminders of the day that Andy Chinn and Gabbie Terwiske were supposed to say “I do” are...
This is the second week that Northeast Dubois bus drivers have driven their routes to distribute...
Probationary Indiana State Police troopers — they include two new members of the Jasper Post...
Some health care workers at Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center have tested positive for...
On Monday, the Dubois County Commissioners extended the local disaster emergency declaration to...
“And the world came together as the people stayed apart.” When Jasper artist Jennifer...
While I’m homebound here during the Great Global Pause, my cats, at first, seemed excited...