Burnt food brings out firefightersMay 12, 2020
From Local Sources
HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded Sunday to an alarm activation at The Lofts at St. Joseph’s, 1900 Medical Arts Drive.
Department Fire Investigator John C. Smith said the 12:49 p.m. callout resulted when an apartment occupant inadvertently overcooked food on a stovetop. The smoke triggered the alarm.
Firefighters vented the smoke and successfully reset the system.
There was no damage.
Four trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene 15 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The crisp air and colorful leaves of fall bring our favorite traditions of the season.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 38 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Those who celebrate Christmas have debated for decades over the ideal time to decorate. Some say...
Steve Schwinghamer will be Huntingburg’s new leader. He was elected mayor by a caucus of...
State Sen. Erin Houchin, R-Salem, has been named 2020 Legislator of the Year by The Arc of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday another COVID-19 death in Dubois...
Former Herald reporter Allen Laman reflects on his time in Dubois County.
The Huntingburg Park Board has concerns about the park and street departments merging into one...