Burned popcorn sets off alarm

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — A smoke alarm activation early Friday morning sent the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department to the Lofts at St. Joseph’s, 1900 Medical Arts Drive.

There was no fire associated with the 12:20 a.m. callout, according to Fire Chief Scott Patberg. He added that the alarm system was triggered by an occupant’s cooking activity involving popcorn.

Firefighters provided ventilation but there was no damage.

Four trucks and 10 firefighters were on the scene about 20 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com