Boy, 7, burned after pouring gas on outdoor fireDecember 26, 2018
By The Associated Press
NEW CHICAGO — A 7-year-old northwestern Indiana boy was airlifted to a Chicago hospital with burns after he poured gasoline on an outdoor fire.
Several boys were playing Sunday near a fire between mobile homes when the boy was burned in the Lake County town of New Chicago.
Fire Chief Joe Eakins tells The (Northwest Indiana) Times that a neighbor heard a sound like “whoof,” looked out and saw one of the boy’s pants on fire.
A neighbor put out flames on the boy with a coat, while the boy’s father was burned trying to stomp out the fire. He was treated for burns to his ankle.
Firefighters took the boy to a Hobart airport, where he was airlifted to the University of Chicago Medical Center.
The boy’s condition wasn’t immediately known.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
State Sen. Mark Messmer, R-Jasper, has been a strong proponent of getting broadband service to...
When retired Forest Park Junior-Senior High School teacher Nate Schnellenberger passed away...
For about 25 years, Bob Zimmerman has preserved a lost chapter of history at the Lincoln Boyhood...
When Logan and Alicia Clark moved to Celestine in 2011, they had dreams of their children some...
Though summer officially begins Friday, kids have been out of school and hopping around the...
Woodcrest Capital of Forth Worth, Texas, has purchased the Jasper Manor Shopping Center located...
Rain has pounded Dubois County this week but stopped just in time Tuesday night to bring out a...
Celestine Elementary will close after the 2019-20 school year.