Blender on apartment stove brings firefightersFebruary 14, 2020
From Local Sources
JASPER — Members of the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to a smoke detector activation Thursday afternoon at the Jasper Lofts, 1300 Dewey St.
Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said the 3:57 p.m. run involved a blender that apartment resident Amy Durcholz said had been on top of her stove since Wednesday.
Hochgesang said the bottom of the blender melted, with smoke filling the apartment and hallway.
Firefighters set up four fans to remove all the smoke.
Hochgesang said he reminded Durcholz that nothing should be on the stove except items for cooking.
Four trucks and 28 firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Lindsey Welp is a saxophonist performing at 6 p.m. June 25 at the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
Jasper native and saxophonist Lindsey Welp returns to her hometown on June 25 at 6 p.m. for an...
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...
Miss Ohio Valley Priscilla Olson, 22, of Ireland will compete next week in Zionsville for the...
Parents, guardians and babysitters, have no fear — summer in Dubois County is going to be full...
Jasper Community Arts is presenting the artwork of installation artist Kristina Arnold for the...