Birdseye firefighters extinguish grease fireJuly 22, 2020
From Local Sources
BIRDSEYE — Units of the Birdseye Volunteer Fire Department responded to the report of a fire Tuesday at the Holly Stevens residence at 311 W. Second St.
Fire Chief David Smith said the 8:55 a.m. fire started when hot grease ignited. The chief said Stevens attempted to get the pan of burning grease outside but dropped it on the floor when she was halfway to the door, burning her hand in the process.
The first arriving firefighters used an extinguisher to put out the flames. Damage was limited to some scorched flooring, according to Smith.
Smith was treated at the scene for her hand burn by Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services.
Firefighters exhausted smoke from the residence and remained on scene until smoke detectors stopped activating.
Two trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene for 45 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Jasper native and saxophonist Lindsey Welp returns to her hometown on June 25 at 6 p.m. for an...
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...
Miss Ohio Valley Priscilla Olson, 22, of Ireland will compete next week in Zionsville for the...
Parents, guardians and babysitters, have no fear — summer in Dubois County is going to be full...
Jasper Community Arts is presenting the artwork of installation artist Kristina Arnold for the...
“How’s your ankle?” she says, demonstrating her daily concern about my wicked ankle twist.