Birds' nest sparked house fireDecember 26, 2019
By The Associated Press
FISHERS — Authorities said a birds' nest on top of flood lights is believed to be the cause of a Christmas Eve fire that damaged a suburban Indianapolis house.
No injuries were reported.
The call for the fire came in around 9 p.m. Tuesday, according to Fishers Fire Department Captain John Mehling. He said firefighters arriving at the scene encountered heavy fire from the attic and battled the blaze at the two-story house.
He said firefighters made “'an aggressive attack'' and were able to contain “the brunt of the fire to the attic space,” according to a statement.
No estimates on the damage were immediately available.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A new gymnasium is on its way to Northeast Dubois High School.
John Tretter is home. And he’s ready for a challenge. Tuesday morning, the Huntingburg man was...
He had a dream. On Sunday, Dubois County residents remembered it.
Jasper native Shalyn Grow marked an item off her acting bucket list last year. The 2013 Jasper...
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...
For Charlotte Olson of Ireland, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro just feels right.