Birds' nest sparked house fire

By The Associated Press

FISHERS — Authorities said a birds' nest on top of flood lights is believed to be the cause of a Christmas Eve fire that damaged a suburban Indianapolis house.

No injuries were reported.

The call for the fire came in around 9 p.m. Tuesday, according to Fishers Fire Department Captain John Mehling. He said firefighters arriving at the scene encountered heavy fire from the attic and battled the blaze at the two-story house.

He said firefighters made “'an aggressive attack'' and were able to contain “the brunt of the fire to the attic space,” according to a statement.

No estimates on the damage were immediately available.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com