Archdiocese says charge against priest credibleOctober 9, 2018
By The Associated Press
INDIANAPOLIS — The Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis says a sexual misconduct allegation against a priest has been found “credible.”
Archdiocesan spokesman Greg Otolski said Monday the archdiocesan Review Board “has found an allegation of sexual misconduct by Father Patrick Doyle credible. Father Doyle has resigned as pastor of Nativity Parish in Indianapolis. He remains removed from ministry.”
Otolski says the allegation from decades ago involved an 18-year-old female “who was an adolescent when at least the emotional aspects of the relationship began.”
The 68-year-old Doyle was suspended from public ministry last month when the allegation against Doyle was made to a victim assistance coordinator. The archdiocese said then it had alerted civil authorities about the accusation.
Doyle doesn’t have a published phone number and he could not be reached for comment.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.
A little bowtie-clad hamster named Harry Hugger is here to teach children about the COVID-19...
Dubois County Democratic Chairman Mike Kendall said he still stands behind Mikayla Granados’...
The Dubois County Health Department today reported no new COVID-19 cases.
In just under a year, the Tri-County YMCA in Ferdinand will be 50% larger. It held a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today two new COVID-19 cases.