Apartment furnace’s heating element failsDecember 20, 2018
From Local Sources
DALE — Members of the Carter Fire District Volunteer Fire Department responded early Tuesday when smoke was reported coming from an apartment’s furnace on Dale’s northwest side.
A smoke alarm awoke a resident at the 3038 E. Spencer County Road 2000N unit who then called authorities at 3:33 a.m. CT, according to Fire Chief Dan “Enos” Reinke.
The resident exited the apartment and ensured residents in two adjoining units evacuated. Firefighters found that the furnace’s heating element failed. Some smoke was released from a small, short-lived fire involving insulation inside the furnace.
Firefighters removed the failed heating element.
Reinke said the occupant went to stay elsewhere until a technician could repair the furnace.
One truck and eight firefighters were on the scene 30 minutes.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Unintentionally, the Older Americans Center has become one of Dubois County’s best-kept...
Jasper attorney John Collins clocks in every day knowing he has the ability to make a...
After two years battling stage 4 colorectal cancer, Jasper resident Mary France died in her bed...
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...