Apartment cooking activity triggers smoke alarm

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — Units of the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to a smoke alarm activation Monday evening at Stork Place, 402 N. Van Buren St.

Fire Chief Scott Patberg said a resident stepped into another room while cooking and the end result was enough smoke to trigger a detector.

Firefighters used exhaust fans to clear the unit.

Four trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene 25 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com