Alarm sends Huntingburg firefighters to apartment

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG — A smoke alarm activation Wednesday evening sent the Huntingburg Volunteer Fire Department to the Lofts at St. Joseph’s, 1900 Medical Arts Drive.

Fire Investigator John C. Smith said the alarm system was triggered when occupant Delbert Kahle overcooked some popcorn being prepared on a stovetop.

There was no fire and no damage, according to Smith.

Three trucks and 24 firefighters were on the scene for 20 minutes.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com