2 workers hurt when heater explodes at schoolDecember 27, 2018
By The Associated Press
CARMEL — An explosion during maintenance on a heater at an Indiana high school has injured a school employee and a contractor.
Carmel Fire Department spokesman Tim Griffin says Wednesday that the workers apparently were relighting the heater on the second floor of Carmel High School when it caused an explosion and fire.
The explosion is believed to have occurred about 6:30 p.m. A mechanical room and part of the roof were damaged.
The injured workers were taken to a hospital. Their conditions were not immediately available.
Griffin said some students were in the school when the explosion occurred. None were hurt and Wednesday evening school activities were canceled.
The school district said students were participating in various practices at the time of the explosion.
Carmel is just north of Indianapolis.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in the former St. Joseph's Hospital building in Huntingburg, will...
St. Joseph Catholic Church’s Father Ray Brenner will celebrate the 50th anniversary of his...