15 roadways blocked by high waterFebruary 22, 2019
From Local Sources
At last report, high water blocked 15 sections of low-lying roads, an increase of several entries since Thursday morning.
The Dubois County Highway Department reports that affected high-water roads are:
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• Division Road east of County Road 600W.
• Stewart Road off of Division Road.
• County Road 620W at Dillon Creek.
• County Road 150S west of Old Huntingburg Road.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 175E north of County Road 300N.
• County Road 600N east of Kellerville Road.
• County Road 300N west of County Road 175E.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• County Road 130W north of County Road 400S.
• East First Street in Huntingburg west of County Road 75W.
The National Weather Service in Louisville says heavy rain is likely Saturday, with an additional 1 inch or more expected. Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible Saturday evening as a strong cold front moves through the area. The strongest cells will be capable of producing locally-damaging wind gusts and brief spin-up tornadoes.
The public is being reminded to turn around upon encountering water flowing over a roadway.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The county’s local disaster emergency declaration has been extended to Sept. 2, matching the...
Amy Kaetzel and Carmen Brooks will teach the first year of the Southwest Dubois County School...
Design plans for remodeling and expanding the Dubois County Security Center and Dubois County...
According to a Purdue University press release, people across the country are receiving...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 17 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Kimball International Inc. announced today a new organizational structure to drive market share...
More than 100 people attended the rally, many holding their own signs and wearing shirts that...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 21 new positive COVID-19 cases.