15 roadways blocked by high waterFebruary 22, 2019
From Local Sources
At last report, high water blocked 15 sections of low-lying roads, an increase of several entries since Thursday morning.
The Dubois County Highway Department reports that affected high-water roads are:
• County Road 875W south of County Road 150N.
• County Road 800W north of County Road 300S.
• Division Road east of County Road 600W.
• Stewart Road off of Division Road.
• County Road 620W at Dillon Creek.
• County Road 150S west of Old Huntingburg Road.
• Ell Creek Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 175E north of County Road 300N.
• County Road 600N east of Kellerville Road.
• County Road 300N west of County Road 175E.
• Old Huntingburg Road north of County Road 400S.
• County Road 400S west of Ell Creek Road.
• County Road 400S east of U.S. 231.
• County Road 130W north of County Road 400S.
• East First Street in Huntingburg west of County Road 75W.
The National Weather Service in Louisville says heavy rain is likely Saturday, with an additional 1 inch or more expected. Strong to severe thunderstorms are possible Saturday evening as a strong cold front moves through the area. The strongest cells will be capable of producing locally-damaging wind gusts and brief spin-up tornadoes.
The public is being reminded to turn around upon encountering water flowing over a roadway.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
I’ve enjoyed a few stadium shakers in my time, but it’s the anti-arena acts on the smaller...
The hottest ticket the last two weekends for an Indiana volunteer firefighter had to be the...
Although he is in the middle of his Congressional work in the nation’s capital, U.S. Sen. Mike...
Bark in the Parklands was a joint event between the Dubois County Humane Society and the Jasper...
In celebration of Newspapers in Education Week, we asked elementary schoolers from Ireland,...
More than 500 attendees flooded the Jasper Community Arts Center and parts of Vincennes...
Severe weather that included wind gusts approaching 50 mph left its mark on Dubois County...
The St. John Bosco Youth Ministry in Jasper has hired Jacqueline Ripberger as its new director.