Restaurant closed temporarily after fire

The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department was on the scene of a small fire at Fazoli's restaurant, 703 Third Ave, this morning. Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said morning employees investigating when they smelled smoke discovered a fire inside an exterior wall near the building’s south entrance.

From local sources

Update - 9/24/13

Fazoli’s management says it will be two to three weeks before the restaurant can reopen in the wake of a Monday morning fire.

Manager Tesla Burger said a contractor indicated it would take that long to make repairs to the 703 Third Ave. building.

The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded at 8:06 a.m. Monday after employees discovered a fire inside an exterior wall near the building’s south entrance.

Firefighters had to remove exterior wall coverings from past remodels to extinguish the fire, which likely was caused by a discarded cigarette, according to Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang.

Damage was estimated at $7,000.

 

Previously - 9/23/13

JASPER — Fazoli’s restaurant, 703 Third Ave., is closed temporarily after the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 8:06 a.m. today.

Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang said morning employees investigating when they smelled smoke discovered a fire inside an exterior wall near the building’s south entrance. Firefighters had to remove exterior wall coverings from past remodels to extinguish the fire, which likely was caused by a discarded cigarette, according to Hochgesang.

Damage was estimated at $7,000. Managers said they hope to be able to reopen the restaurant midweek.

Five trucks and 32 firefighters were on the scene for 75 minutes. Memorial Hospital Emergency Medical Services assisted.




More on DuboisCountyHerald.com