Meeting: Holland CouncilDecember 7, 2017
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Shared that Lockhart Township is willing to give Holland land around the current 20,000-gallon Stendal water tower at Old Road 64 and State Road 161 so that tower could be replaced with one with a 40,000- to 50,000-gallon capacity within five years. Holland would fence a 60-by-60 area around the site. The construction cost for a new tower is estimated at $817,000 with non-construction costs of $333,000 for a total of $1.15 million.
• Planned to apply for Stendal water tower funding from the State Revolving Fund in February and from the Office of Community and Rural Affairs in July. Midwestern Engineers’ Derick Wiggins and Indiana 15 Regional Planning Commission Senior Project Administrator Nathan Held are assisting Holland.
• Planned to meet with a rate consultant to discuss rates in Stendal.
• Signed a water line easement for the Steve and Sue Hemmer property on Old Road 64 in the Zoar area. A water main at the location was relocated because of coal mine work in that area.
• Heard an update from Dubois Strong President Ed Cole, who spoke about the economic development group’s efforts to support workforce attraction, manufacturing diversity and the Midstate Corridor — a proposed four-lane highway to make shipping to the north from Dubois County easier.
• Tabled a published truck route ordinance for review.
• Scheduled a special year-end meeting to approve outstanding claims for 6 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 27, at Town Hall, 505 W. Main St.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Fans of the Heritage Hills High School Patriot football team will notice big changes at their...
Sunday marks the Maltersville community’s sesquicentennial.
Jasper native Brittany Becher, 32, loves small businesses.
The Ackermans stood on their porch and watched their daughter, Laura Grammer, their son-in-law,...
81-year-old Boots Horn of Ireland switched professions and became a crime scene specialist in...
Police say a motorist accused of impaired driving and leaving the scene was traveling northbound...
For 80 years, the American Legion Christmas Party has spread joy and the spirit of Christmas to...
An assessment looked at jail and community corrections needs, as well the needs of other justice...